Sunday, February 1, 2009

New Year's Delight


We had a great New Year's Eve...yes, I know it's February. Trav's fab mom had an overnighter at her house with the kidlets. We went to a yummy Japanese restaurant with friends and then to a comedy club. We used to frequent the comedy club when we were newlyweds, but hadn't been for a while. It was so much fun, and the comedians were hilarious. One downfall of this place is that you have to order something to eat/drink...they call it a 'comedy/cafe' aka more money, please. After a five-course dinner I still managed to pound some super high-quality Costco mozzarella sticks.

The older couple in front of us was on a date (see, you're never to old for another chance at love!). One comedian interacted with them a lot (teasing the woman for her East Coast accent and for not being nice about taking returns at her job working at Target), and another woman in the audience announced to the whole room that the reason she was wearing a coat was because she had low estrogen levels. You had to be there, but I could not stop laughing!

What struck me the most about one of the comedians is that he looked like a perfect cross between our friend Bryce and Kevin Bacon. That alone made my night!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What I am shocked you would say such a thing!...Just kidding he does kinda look like me huh?