Monday, January 26, 2009

Back in the Day


Per Judy's request, I'm going to provide a sampling of my old diary. I believe I'm about 16 at the time of this entry.
Here's a pic of it, but I'll transcribe as it's not so legible!

"I went to Newport also with my family over Memorial Day weekend. Last night, I went out with Nikki and Maren. We were in the parking lot when these two guys put there car in reverse and came to talk to us. Carston and Robert; anyway, they were in college and we told them we were seniors. They knew my friends Alex and Marian. Turns out they also knew my MOM! Surprise huh? They had a communication class together [at GCC]. Then we met two strange guys in a racecar. We thought they acted like rapists. Then there were these smokers who wanted to know what herbs we liked and if they could have a ride. NO THANX. BYE!"

Seriously, I know these toddler years are trying, but I don't think I'm ready for teenagers. Yikes. It really all was very innocent. We loved going to Burbank on 2 dollars and some change...cruising or walking from the mall movie theater to Penny Lane, and the other music store with the headphones to sample music. ("Gee, I hope they don't find out we've NEVER been paying customers here!")


And I'm not sure if it's a gift or a curse, but I do find that once someone has made a mark on this heart, they're never forgotten. All these funny stories in my journal are endearing because the people in them have shaped who I am today. I know it's cliche, but I'm grateful for everyone who has crossed my path over the years.

6 comments:

harmony marie said...

AAaaaahhhh, I don't know if I could put myself out there from my journal...you are very brave. Thanks for playing soccer with us! YOu are amazing

the murdocks said...

I LOVE your trips down memory lane. I know I would've been obsessed with you at any time.

Good idea to quote journal entries...I need to go back and read mine. That's why I love photo albums and scrapbooks so much!

Maren said...

I have absolutely no recollection of that night (Of course I remember the nights in Burbank..just not that one in particular!) That's why journals are so great...to bring those fun memories to mind. I love you Chels...and I loved growing up with you!

charlotte said...

that fun burbank photo booth! we sure had a lot of memories with that thing . . . just about every weekend to be exact! love you and your journal entries so very much!

The Queen said...

hahaha!! that is so awesome!!! i think i am gonna post a page from my journal, too. thanks!

Emily said...

I love it!