Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Moment

I love music by Kenneth Cope. He's one of my favorite artists, and not just because he's from my ol' Glendale ward and one of my recently added facebook friends!

Take a quiet moment and watch this. (Sorry, you'll have to paste into your browser; I'm having technical difficulties!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAjkRkF2yEs

I found it a while back and was pretty touched. Sunday night I told Trav to come watch it and Boston wandered in. He sat on my lap so still, his eyes glued to the computer. Toward the last 20 seconds or so, I looked at him and his eyes were full of tears. Now I wish I could say I've done more to teach him about the Savior, but I do fall short.

Do you remember that movie in that movie Hook with Robin Williams? There was a scene where the lost boys put their hands on the grown-up Peter's face and, in recognition, say, "There you are, Peter!"

That's what this tender moment with Boston meant to me. He knows, without being told, about Jesus, and almost seems to remember. Boston then asked how we get to Jesus. Thank goodness for little ones, whether our own or not, to help us ponder the bigger picture. . .

4 comments:

Emily said...

I have fallen behind in my nightly
"blog-stalking" I was pleasantly surprised to have so much to catch up on. I love your posts! I can't wait to see the youtube. I am still laughing at the Vomit Shopping. I love their cute P.J.'s. New's Years Eve sounded like a blast. Miss ya!

The Queen said...

What a sweet kid. How awesome that he is able to recognize the Spirit. I am singing one of Kenneth's songs for our upcoming Women at the Well program. He is awesome.

charlotte said...

that is the sweetest story ever. that spesha boy :)

the murdocks said...

Oh my gosh, that is so sweet chels! What a touching moment.

And that is RAD that k.c. was in your ward. I'm jealous he is your facebook friend.