Friday, March 13, 2009

So You Think You Can Dance? Hmmm.




We've had a couple of great weekends. We even ventured to the zoo on a seemingly warm (high 50's)Saturday. The kids appreciated it so much since it had been a while. I do love the seasons, and though it is challenging, we keep our routines varied and have learned to get creative.We've been taking a ballroom dance class with some other couples. The experience has far surpassed my expectations, and I'm grateful that Trav jumped on the opportunity after being recruited by Graham. Graham is the metro-fabulous, cruise director of social affairs. Did I mention he has an oh-so-lovely British accent?Anyway, Trav and I had a blast out there (I guess being uninhibited can really be an asset!). We've now learned (slowly!) the foxtrot, cha cha, and waltz. What fun! I must say part of the enjoyment is watching how other couples learn together. It was quite a delight.

Here's Graham. I had a hard time learning the twinkle, so when he and I danced together, I must say, his Prada shoes had me highly distracted. Wooow! He and Sarah give it their all at practice...and I guess it shows. But seriously, Graham was in a boy band, or a former go-go dancer. A cabaret? What I'm saying is he's got natural skillz.


Ben mainly just didn't want people dancing into him. Personal bubble, people, hello!


Harmony brings out the dancin' man in her shy guy.


"1-2-CHA CHA CHA, Jason! Come on!"

2 comments:

Maren said...

That looks like a lot of fun!

Graham said...

The shoes were gucci, not Prada...