Saturday, July 12, 2008

Trav's Dad


I'm just posting this picture that I snapped on Father's Day but forgot to post. This is Trav's dad and his two step-brothers, Dawson and Austin.

One of my most favorite things about Trav's dad is that he is so incredibly patient. I'm glad he's had the opp to be a dad of boys, because it is just natural for him. He loves sports and is so mechanical. He can fix just about anything and is so patient when teaching others.

Travis always tells me of his fond memories growing up. He and his dad were always out doing boy things such as riding dirt bikes, fishing, and going to baseball games. The only time Trav remembers his dad losing his temper and giving him a good whoopin' was when Trav hit the family dog (I'll have to ask him why..hmm!). I don't even think Trav's dad yelled at him when he let the tub water on the second story of his house run over and leak through the kitchen ceiling.

When we were remodeling our bathroom last year, Ron would show up every day, giving Travis direction and advice. He was careful to not just take over (though there were moments laying that slate floor that we wished he would!). He is giving of his time and his endless skill—for that we are grateful. Love you!

1 comment:

Kelley said...

C-Green: A pleasure to hear from you. Your kids are so dang cute. I am glad Boston is still rockin' the bowl cut. And Cassidy is adorable. Happy to see you've been blogging--you're an excellent writer.