Monday, November 22, 2010

Reality Check

Some blogs might depict a perfect life. I hope that's not what I do, and if it is, perhaps I'll share that I was not my best self last weekend. Yelled at my kiddos, had 'words' with the hubby who really is the angel of angels, ate junk (and not the delicious stuff--the filler you put in your gut to stave off hunger), and was queen grouchy pants.

Have you ever known you were grouchy and that it was likely hormonal--yet when the mood passed and the happy version of yourself returned you were hesitant to let it show right away because then you'd not only be beasty but a roller coaster as well? I do that sometimes.

And since I already admitted I'm not a perfect parent, I'm just going to put this out there: Doesn't Beckett demonstrate a slight resemblance to Goonies' Sloth in this picture?


*I can say this because he is sooooooooo adorable!

3 comments:

The Queen said...

i love you.

Stephie said...

Chels I'm freakin' dying over here! You crack me up!!! You are awesome!!

Maren said...

baby...ruth!!!