Tuesday, November 2, 2010

National Adoption Month


Not sure if you've been introduced to therhouse blog but it's worth checking out. When I first came upon it, I was so intrigued, fascinated, and in awe at the stories I read and all I learned about adoption. My grandmother was adopted and she had a negative experience and challenges surrounding her adoption. I always grew up with this a less than positive idea about adoption. Now that I have learned more, developed friendships with adoptive and adopted friends, my feelings have become so much about realizing that families become families in many different ways. I'm grateful for adoption and respect birth moms who love their children so much.

On the blog also is an invitation to a dinner at a yum-o restaurant (Trav has been there, I haven't yet), Blue Lemon, in Salt Lake.

*I guess I should note that adoption has come a long way. It isn't what it once was, and I do believe much of that is through education and sensitivity.

1 comment:

harmony marie said...

You must have been inspired, I've been needing some positive adoptions thoughts...