Sunday, June 1, 2008

Memorial Day Part 2: Bikes and a Jen-uine Partay



My hubby spoiled me rotten last weekend. We spent most of Saturday shopping for a bike for me (he has one but I've been envious!). He's the best to shop with because just when you thought you got a screamin' deal, he brings out his innocent eyes and asks, "Can you go any lower?" Somehow they always manage to find an applicable discount. He also knows a lot about...a lot, and he does his research!

So my new ride is a mountain bike that really is road-friendly. I wanted something I could use around the neighborhood and also have the option to get crazy (later!). We also bought a little trailer for the kids so we could have a fun family activity. Boston just loves it and is always sitting in it waiting for me to take him out. Cassidy, the wee li'l provoker, usually pulls his hair or yells at him, but we're going to manage. I've been going out every day in it and I feel like a little kid again, though I don't remember my quads burning so much as a kid!

I also got a whooole day of girl time with Bridget and my Filipino sister, Jen Cu Cu, who was in town from Los Angeles. In the morning we went and got massages, overate at Cheesecake Factory, did some shopping, and ate again, and then maybe once more. It's also our tradition to sing karaoke (Jenny has a little system that plugs into any tv).

Though Jen was on a vacation from her mom-duties, she was kind enough to play Monopoly with Alex and Gabriel and let Boston shoot her repeatedly with Nerf bullets. And she always cooks/bakes for us when she's in town (because there's always room for cookies!).

1 comment:

jenuineqt said...

Glad to know that I've made the famous blog, but "hello?" could I look any grosser?!?! You're so awesome to post such funny and heart warming stories. Love reading them!