Wednesday, April 15, 2009

I Am Soccer. I Am Mom.

Who knew getting a minivan would be as controversial as government bailouts? Many seem to have opinions, so I tried to investigate this 'van stigma'.

What People Are Saying:
Ugly
Not hip
Made for people overly-anxious to reproduce (fill all those seats!)
Soccer moms
Everyone's got 'em

Well, I soon realized. . .
It's the prettiest car I've owned (which I suppose doesn't say much!)
I'm not so hip myself
I'm not eager for more kids, but I practice (is that distasteful?!)
I play soccer and hope my kids will.
There must be a reason?

Anyhoo, I can't stop smiling as I open those automatic doors and change the radio with the touch of a button on my steering wheel. Ahhhh.

5 comments:

The Queen said...

Welcome to my life. It took me awhile to stop feeling like the bus driver but now I acknowledge that it is the greatest car I have ever owned. When I first got it and was bemoaning the fact that "no one would look at me anymore" (why in the world was i worried about that anyway???) she said something to the effect of "news flash, with three car seats in the back seat no one looks at you no matter what kind of car you're driving." Ouch.

jenuineqt said...

Congrats on the upgrade but where's the picture of you "riding dirty" in it? We're working on expanding the family but I'm not sure if I can expand from SUV to van? Toodles!

harmony marie said...

Vans Vans Vans. Soccer Mom you are.

Marissa said...

Who cares what they look like...they are fabulous! Have fun in the nice ride :)

marianne said...

pssssh. nuthin' controversial about a minivan. you do what makes you happy. if you love the MV life, then you go with your bad self :)