Saturday, December 20, 2008

My Aspen: Good!


Ahhh, Aspen. Just want to go back! I've always pictured a true 'me' vacation being somewhere warm, but I may have changed my mind! I absolutely loved sitting by the fire with some of my favorite people in this world drinking hot cocoa, loungin' in the hot tub, skiing, shopping, snowshoeing, snacking, and playing games.

Snowshoeing was more fun than I thought.

Snowshoe rental, $13, Jacket: $200 (in the year 1998!), a dog humping your friend on the hill: priceless.

Seriously, when a random puppy comes running up the hill and your friends get all nervous, the right thing to do is to bend down, make a snowball, and throw it to distract the dog. Well, the dog apparently thought that was invitation to jump aboard. Aaron was the only one to attempt to save me amidst the roaring laughter. My dear husband just kept on shootin' pix. It was hilarious!

Great men apparently think alike. . .they simultaneously debuted brown sweaters our first night on the town.


If you've never been to Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. . .mmmm. Two words: yummy filet.


Her cuteness!

2 comments:

harmony marie said...

My oh my, the trip sounds fun, but that dog. . .he needs to learn some manners!

The Bishops said...

Sounds like such a fun getaway for you guys!! Of all people, of course he humped you right!!! :) Miss you guys! Hope you have a great Christmas!! Love you!