Friday, December 26, 2008

Hope Yule Like It

We had such a great Christmas. During the week we went to Temple Square to see the lights, which was so fun. We listened to the story of Jesus while admiring the nativity. Boston is very inquisitive, and it's a great opportunity to share my feelings about my Savior. I'm surprised at how much he knows (though after a primary lesson, he brought home a picture of Jesus and told me it was Santa. Beards can be confusing for li'l tykes!).

Trav waaay overdid the gifts. It was pretty fun to watch him the first night pulling out presents from his little hiding spot, but by late night wrapping party #3, I was starting to feel guilty. I know there are many kids who probably didn't have a Christmas. We are so fortunate.

We always have a sort of revolving door around the holidays. We cooked (by we I mean mainly Trav) 3 delicious meals for Christmas.
Christmas Eve: tri-tip steak on the grill, fresh grilled green beans, sweet potato casserole, cheesy potatoes (also known as 'funeral' potatoes)
Christmas morn: sausage and egg breakfast casserole, blueberry muffins, fruit
Christmas dinner: soup buffet- loaded baked potato and creamy Italian sausage delight, rolls and an amazing salad with cashews, pears, and a yummy lemon poppyseed dressing (thanks Dad and Renita)
Oh, and there were some yummy desserts. Am I always talking about food? Hello!

One thing I absolutely love about my family is that we rarely talk about the weather. I always learn so much from my parents and enjoy thought-provoking conversation. Sometimes we're serious and sometimes we're silly, but it's never boring.

Here are a few quotes overheard during the various festivities:

1. "I'm not judging! I got major freakin' problems!"
2. "How many ppppeople did I kiss?"
3. "Tell Baby Jason to watch out for the dog's naughty bits."
4. "One movie I'm not going to see is that one with Emma Thomson and Dustin Hoffman! Why do they keep giving that guy movies? He's disgusting."
5. "Sara, why don't you try on your new slippers?"
"She's afraid everyone will see her knobby toes."

Hey, I didn't say our conversation was always high class!







One of our family traditions: new Christmas pjs.


Sarajane's new pjs are a delight: footed!

2 comments:

Kelley said...

Grant would kill for those SpongeBob pajamas.

Love the pic of you and the sibs. Glad you had a great Christmas, Chelsea.

derek said...

Happy Belated Christmas!! Leg Warmers coming up...by the way, your christmas card is very cute...your eyelashes look very seductive...maybe you should work for maybeline or something for eyelash commercials. ....