Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving

We had an amazing Thanksgiving meal and a great day with friends and family. We had 10 guests, including my sibs, Trav's dad, Sarajane, and Eleanor. We've been keeping some old traditions and adding in a few of our own. Chef Trav did some fun new things, including homemade cranberry sauce and potatoes that had simmered for hours in cream and other deliciousness before later getting mashed to perfection. Bridget provided 6 fabuolous desserts. After dinner, the 4 a.m. Black Friday planning was underway. (Needless to say, this morning's shopping excursions were lengthy and exciting. T loves the thrill of the hunt.)

It really wasn't until the quiet of the evening today that I got to thinking about everything I have to be thankful for. I feel pretty undeserving sometimes of all that I've been given. . .

No comments: