Monday, August 25, 2008

Bear Lake




I learned a couple things about myself when we went to Bear Lake a few weeks ago with Trav's family. I'll humbly title my list Why I'm a Cool Mom.
1. I don't mind getting dirty and actually encourage it most of the time.
2. I'm not too shabby on the athletic stuff. I rocked the house on the water skis this trip.
3. I'm hyper-vigilant on sunscreen (I only missed one small spot on Cass' ear, Boston's nose, and Trav's back...oops!).
4. I'm hip in all crowds. (I won't name names but when someone asked the time and got the response that it was 4:20, I casually plugged some street vocab. Needless to say, I climbed a few notches on this person's likeability scale.) Note to my children: I do not support the behavior, but it is important to be aware!
5. You want another marshmallow? How many have you had? 5? Okay, but then will you settle down? (doubtful!)

p.s. Is it weird that Cassidy isn't even 2 and she's perfecting the art of eating and spitting sunflower seeds?

3 comments:

Maren said...

You are a cool mom!

The Queen said...

You are awesome, Chels! I wish we lived closer! Your kids are so beautiful.

Maren said...

Okay, I think you need to extend "unflattering picture month" into September...It's really been fun!