Friday, September 23, 2011

Running: Por 'K'?


I'm in an GPT (group personal training) class. Basically it's 10 girls and one awesome trainer. Most of the girls keep food logs and submit exercise/food journals weekly (I find myself skipping that most of the time!).

Our trainer is a fabulous, pregnant freak of nature. I love her! She recently ran a marathon and, when her new socks got too irritating, she finally removed her socks and shoes and ran the last 3 miles barefoot. Whoa. She used to be a cardio junky, but now keeps it well-rounded with some hard core weight lifting.

I love weight lifting, I must say. I love the burn, the challenge, and the hilarious moans from classmates when Annie (awesome trainer) says to hold, do 10 more small lifts, then hold again. It's pretty classic.

I appreciate runners. To be honest, my opinion is that I find long-distance running much like natural childbirth. I have such respect for both, and I think I probably could if I worked hard and had the drive, but...nah.

The class wanted to do a local 5k because one of our Xtreme GPT girls was organizing one for her son's school. It was really fun to be part of the excitement, but both my mind and my bladder were further convinced it isn't my true passion in life (you can always count on me to keep it real aka provide too much information!).

Alas, it was fun and inspiring because we all ran back to meet up with one of our girls who has been working so hard to achieve major weight loss. She puts forth more than most of us each class and I'm in awe at her determination. Her transformation is already taking flight. Way to go, Julie!

No comments: