Thursday, September 22, 2011

Best Banana Oatmeal Cookies

I'm making these right now, and they are dddeeeelicious. The recipe is courtesy of one of my awesome neighbors. Love her. And I've never met a kid who didn't like these yummers.

They contain no sweeteners, butter, eggs, or wheat, so eat up, I say!
I use the dry blade to blend the oats and almonds, but a magic bullet or food processor can also do the trick. I pulverize the oats and almonds into dust!

2 cups rolled oats
2/3 cup almonds
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1 1/2 cups mashed bananas (about 3)
1/4 cup oil (I'm going to use coconut!)
1 tsp vanilla extract
optional 3/4 cup raisins, carob, or mini chocolate chips

Adjust baking racks evenly in oven. Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease 2 cookie sheets. Grind oats and almonds. Pour them into large mixing bowl. In a separate bowl (or in the blender/food processor) beat together bananas, oil, and vanilla until creamy. Add banana mixture and raisins or chips to oat mixture. Mix well.

Drop cookie dough by tablespoons on both cookie sheets. Bake both sheets at once, rotating halfway through baking. Bake 10-13 minutes or until bottoms are golden brown.

2 comments:

harmony marie said...

who? I going to try these!

Los Bagleys said...

I'm also trying these today. I'm always looking for banana recipes!