Monday, April 21, 2008

Horsin' Around




I have this awesome friend named Toni whom I worked with at Challenger School a few years back. She's just a little thing, but man is she a powerhouse. She started working at Challenger as a temp doing accounts payable/receivable and later took over purchasing. Now she helps in developing and planning new schools and playgrounds. One of her fave phrases is "I'm not afraid!" We used to work out every day on our lunch hour...needless to say, my love handles miss her.

Toni grew up on a ranch in a small town called Price, Utah. I'm always amazed by her can-do spirit. Even through some tough challenges, including losing her dad to cancer about 9 years ago and being a single mom, I don't think she's ever had an attitude of defeat, but rather this little fire inside of her that keeps her racing ahead. She's an example to me and I love that we are so different, yet have such a blast together.

Toni has some horse property and was kind enough to load up some horses and take me to the mountains a few weeks ago. I was out of my element, but told her "I'm not afraid!" as we scaled some rough terrain. She laughed at me when I saddled up with a bike helmet, but I told her that too many people rely on my brain for me to be cavalier! I'm sure I'll be sharing more stories about Toni later, such as the time we ate some questionable ice cream sandwiches from the office kitchen. Love you, Ton Loc!

2 comments:

the murdocks said...

Yup, I'm obsessed with your blog. I am thrilled that you finally started! And by the way, I LOVE your pics....we definitely need to do a "photo shoot" soon. Scratch that....let's just please meet up again soon...

Emily said...

Yeah!!! I am so excited you have joined the blogging world. I love all of your posts! It is so fun to feel like I can be let into your little family's world. I love the ode to pooty, and all of the pictures. You are so cute! The kiddos are getting so big! It doesn't seem like that much time has passed! :( Check out our blog. We should have sent you an invite. Do you mind if we put a link to your site on ours?