Friday, December 10, 2010

Heaven

Sometimes as kids, my siblings and I would lay in my parents' bed for bedtime stories and my dad would sing, "Heaven, I'm in heaven. . ." My mom and dad have always loved us loudly--with passion, loyalty, and adoration.

Tonight I watched Christmas cartoons with my kids before bed and had that feeling of heaven. I also had to tell my kids that their precious Emma dog needed to go to the less metaphorical and more literal heaven tomorrow. They've known it was coming, but somehow that doesn't make it any easier. Through this I hope to teach them that it's always worth it to love and lose than to not love at all. We talked about how Emma was going to run in heaven without her 'fat paw' and chase our black kitty.

We love our Emma. She has been a part of our family: baby births, parties, park days, camping trips, baseball games, car rides, daily visitors, hikes, visits to grandma's house, sledding, fishing, gardening, and errands around town. She's always been content to just be with us. I never knew I'd be such a dog person! So tonight I thank my Emma for enriching this little family with such accepting tenderness. We will miss you, but we know you'll be in a better place. xoxo


6 comments:

Scrappy said...

Emma is a beautiful dog. She was lucky to have a loving family. I am so sorry for your loss.

The Queen said...

I'm so glad we got to meet her. Be a good doggie in heaven, Emma! Love you Chels. ((Hugs))

harmony marie said...

Emma. Kona will miss you. Thanks for the fun drool times!

charlotte said...

i will forever think of her when i see dirty diapers at a campground. love that sweet pup. so sorry for your loss my precious friend.

Julyssa Schenk said...

made me so teary chels! emma was a GREAT dog!!! Love ya!

abo-bder said...



فني ستائر بالرياض
شركة تركيب ستائر بالرياض
فني ايكيا بالرياض