Tuesday, July 28, 2009

GRADius


Been excited to post a few pictures from my amazing mother's graduation in May. She is a tremendous example to me. I know, you've heard it all before.

In typical 'mom' fashion, she made the decision to go back to school and within a week was enrolled. She has worked full-time while earning her master's degree. It was so much fun to celebrate this milestone with her, and I know she will help so many as a therapist. Although she's a mover and a powerhouse, she has a gentle, beautiful way of communicating. There's no other way to put it than that she just gets it.

It was such a privilege to travel with my siblings. We really are great friends.

My mom had a number of friends come to the graduation ceremony. Pictured are Eleanor, Bettywoman, and Bev!

My other sisters, Nikki and Jen Cu Cu.

The best part of her graduation weekend that started in Pasadena and ended in Carpinteria was the fun family time we got to spend with my uncles, grandma, and siblings. This was the first time I had been able to really get to know my uncles and have quality time with them. It was non-stop laughing, banter, food, and beach. Pretty perfect.


Christy's too-cute daughter Olivia. She came to meet us at the beach and I was immediately in love with this sweet angel.

She even cuddled up for some food and snuggles with my uncle.

2 comments:

derek said...

Soy Tan! Woot Woot for Moms!

charlotte said...

your mama is so amazing. i just love her and am so grateful for her. she helped me so much and i know that she'll continue to help so many people. she really has a gift. you have that too, my sass . . . :)